Greater New Light Missionary Baptist Church has addressed and met the spiritual needs of its congregation for over sixty years. A Word of God centered ministry, it is located in the heart of south Los Angeles, California. Each week, worshipers are taught with explicit clarity, under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, by a gifted pastor and teacher, Dr. Patrick D. Ross. Our main mission is to share the love and light of Jesus Christ through our lives so that we can impact others.
You are welcome to join us in our journey as we glorify the name of the Lord.
Pastor's Official Statement
March 20, 2020
Greetings, GNL Family and Guests!
This is to update you on our Church's response to COVID-19 as it relates to the ongoing worship opportunities and activities at Greater New Light. We aim to navigate through this public health crisis in a responsible manner that would honor God as our Father and King!
As citizens of the State of California, and the County and City of Los Angeles, we endeavor to comply with our leaders’ orders and mandates.
At this time, we are limiting our worship opportunities and amending the schedules, as indicated below.
- We encourage our members and guests to worship with us at 11:00 a.m. PST in the comfort of their homes on Sundays via live stream at GreaterNewLightBC.org or Facebook Live.
- Based upon the directives from our governmental officials, the number of persons permitted in a confined space is under 10. Therefore, we would prefer that you, your family, and friends worship with us through the means previously mentioned.
- In whichever platform you choose, we will honor the presence of God together!
- Our Christian Education and Sunday School classes will not be in session until further notice.
- Our Wednesday Bible Studies may also be viewed at 7:30 p.m. PST via live stream at GreaterNewLightBC.org or Facebook Live.
For Your Safety:
1. Everyone should follow the advice of the health care professionals and wash
your hands frequently and refrain from shaking hands.
2. Any person, adult or child, experiencing symptoms of colds, the flu, or
viruses, such as a runny nose, coughing, sneezing, or fever, please consult
your doctor or health care professional.
3. Practice social distancing (separated by six feet from individuals) to the
It is vital during this season that we continue to financially support the work of the ministry as we worship our Father with tithes and offerings. To give electronically, please visit our website, or your financial contributions may also be brought or mailed to the Church,
GNL, 1154 E. 92nd St., Los Angeles, CA 90002.
Please be assured that our decisions will continue to be guided by information from the Public Health Departments, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, along with our government (local, State, and Federal).
We understand the concerns you may have and the fear of the unknown many are experiencing. If you would like to talk with someone or request prayer, please reach out to your Deacon, make a prayer request online, or call (323) 567-1993 and leave a message and someone from our staff will return your call.
Continue to meditate on the Word of God: Psalms 23; 37; and 91.
Delighted to serve,
Dr. Patrick D. Ross, Senior Pastor